Mobile Tartu 2012 Mobile Phones, Geography, LBS
22-25 August 2012 in Tartu, Estonia
The aim of the conference is to discuss theoretical, methodological and empirical aspects of mobile positioning based research and applications in geography and planning.
Mobile Tartu 2012 proposes special sessions on network analysis, emergency management and LBS business models.
The conference is accompanied by an international PhD seminar “Mobile Methods in Mobility Studies” on 22-25 August. We welcome the support of COST Action IC0903 MOVE „Knowledge Discovery from Moving Objects“ in co-organizing the PhD seminar.
Target groups: On one hand the conference and the PhD seminar targets researchers and doctoral students working on or interested in theoretical, methodological and empirical aspects of mobile positioning and mobile phones. On the other hand architects, planners, mobile operators, emergency management analysts and ICT firms related to the topic are welcome to contribute.
Call for Research Papers
- 15 March – deadline for submitting extended abstracts up to 500 words (send to email@example.com)
- 30 April – acceptance notifications
- 15 August – deadline for submitting a full paper
A special issue(s) in a scientific journal cited in ISI Web of Science is planned to publish. The journal will be selected after receiving papers. The papers from Mobile Tartu 2008 were published in the special issues of the Journal of Urban Technology and the Journal of Location Based Services. The papers from Mobile Tartu 2010 will be published in the Environment and Planning B (under review).
For more information see http://www.ut.ee/mobiletartu/2012/
- Special Sessions: Networked Urban Mobilities Conference 2014
- Networked Urban Mobilities Conference and Mobile Art Exhibition 2014
- Call for Chapters – Book project ‘Discourses and Ideologies of Mobility
- workshop on mobility, discourse and inequality at SGS Kongress 2013
- Call for papers – Challenges for the International Mobility of the Highly Skilled, 7-8 February 2013, Barcelona